Some Of The Best Things To Do In France
France is a traveler’s paradise. Not only are there countless attractions but the food and wine that is available are some of the best in the world. Whether you want to take it easy and tour the countryside or experience life in a glamorous city like Paris, there are a lot of options available. Here are some of the best things to do in France:
1. The Eiffel Tower – A trip to France wouldn’t be complete without visiting the iconic Eiffel Tower. Located in the heart of Paris, this incredible structure towers above the surrounding area. You can ride an elevator to the top of the tower to take in the beauty of the city that surrounds you.
2. The Louvre – With one of the most impressive art collections anywhere in the world, the Louvre is an incredible place to visit.
Being able to see famous paintings like the Mona Lisa up close is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Be sure to plan plenty of time for your visit and bring a luxury car. It is easy to get lost in the beauty of the art that surrounds you and lose track of time.
3. The Paris Catacombs – Although the catacombs can be a little bit macabre, they are also incredibly fascinating. This ossuary houses the remains of more than 6 million people. They line the walls of the tunnel, creating an oddly beautiful yet haunting display.
4. Notre Dame – Located in Paris, this world-famous cathedral is well worth a visit. Seeing the iconic façade of the building in person is something that you will remember for a lifetime.
You can also go inside to view the inner parts of the cathedral. Be sure to bring along your camera since there are plenty of great photo opportunities.
5. The Loire Valley – Following the Loire River through the surrounding valley gives you the perfect mixture of beautiful scenery and historic buildings. There are incredible châteaus dotting the countryside all along the river.
There are also countless vineyards in the area. In fact, this part of the country is one of the most famous winemaking regions in the world. Visiting this area provides you with a chance to try some truly incredible wine.
6. L’Arc De Triomphe – This world-famous arch is immediately recognizable. It towers above the surrounding roadways, imposing in both its design and its scale. Located at the end of the Champs Elysees, the arch is accessed via an underground tunnel. This allows you to avoid the traffic that swirls around its base.
As you can see, there are some truly amazing things to do in France. Be sure to plan your itinerary ahead of time so that you don’t miss any of the incredible sights that there are to see.
Take as long as possible for your vacation so that you have time to fit it all in. Many of these activities are located in the Paris area. Because of that, you may want to plan the majority of your trip around this part of the country.